Share This

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Preschool Snack: Cream cheese water and goldfish



It's no secret, I'm fond of goldfish. They're small, colorful and yummy. When I was planning our beach theme I wanted to incorporate my little fishy friends. Here's how we did it.

I placed a spoon full of cream cheese in each child's bowl. I added a couple of drops of blue food coloring in each bowl and allowed them to stir. They loved watching the cream cheese turn blue exactly like our milkshakes the week before. I came back around and placed goldfish in their bowls of "water".

Some of the students ate the goldfish one at a time by using a single fish to scoop the cream cheese water, and others used the spoon to scoop the fish and water at the same time, before gobbling them up.

The recipe was inexpensive, quick and easy to clean up. My kinda recipe!

4 comments:

  1. A good variation on that is "fish in the ocean". Spread the cream cheese in a celery stick and stand the goldfish on end as if they are swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Deborah...you bet! we all had blue teeth..hee hee

    @ywg...Ah man! I'll be sure to try that the very next chance I get...thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have used pretez rods, icing and Goldfish to "go fishing". Just put a bit of icing the plate and let them dip the end of their "fishing rod" to bait the hook. Then its time to catch your fish by pressing it onto a goldfish.

    ReplyDelete