Share This

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Preschool Birthday Celebration



I just love birthdays! I make it a point to go all out on my students birthday. Since the VPK year has just begun we have already had our first birthday celebration. While majority of my students have been with me for months, Niona has only been in my class for two weeks. In that time she has only spoken a few words here and there. Nevertheless, you don't have to speak to party! Her mom brought in a cake and drinks for the class. I put their birthday hats on, blasted the music and they all danced like they had never danced before. The Mom thought this was hilarious. Niona danced to the music and Mom smiled proudly at her. We sat Niona in front of her cake and all the kids sang Happy Birthday to her loud and off key. Once the party was over Mom gave Niona a big hug and paused patiently while Niona whispered. She turned to me and said, "Niona said, Thank you Mom for my party."

I just love birthdays!

For more ideas on how you can create a memorable birthday in your preschool class visit this link
for Deborah J. Stewart's Teach Preschool site.

2 comments:

  1. I just love that link!! LOL! Two weeks and already a big birthday party! Now that is a great way to start off in your new school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you...I thought the link was rather appropriate! I know can you believe it...and it was impromptu, Mom just showed up with a cake right before nap time! I was smiled sweetly and got all the kids off their cots, pulled out my party hats and let 'em go for it:)

    ReplyDelete