Share This

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Preschool All About Me

Last week our class did an "All about me" unit. On Tuesday we talked about our feet. For art we made footprints. Each child chose a colored piece of construction paper and a paint to make their foot print. They took only one shoe off, I painted the bottom of their foot and allowed them to place the print on a piece of paper. We got to chat about the coldness of the paint, the way the bristles tickled and how the choice of paint would look on the paper.

During Circle Time we read, "My feet" by Aliki. After the story we took off our shoes and put lotion on our feet. We talked about the sole, the heel, the arch and our toes. We recited "This little piggy went to the market" and appreciated each toe.

We plan to put our painted footprints in an "All about Me" book to take home.

Here are some of the other books we read for this unit.

My Two Hands, My Two FeetIncredible Me!My Hands (Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science: Stage 1 (Turtleback))Hello Toes! Hello Feet!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing...It's so nice to get "ideas", even if we have to save them for later! And btw beautiful photo of the foot mandala!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for introducing new books to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie:) Thanks for dropping by! I love when my visitors leave comments. The foot mandala was a spur of the moment idea that just turned out great! Love it when that happens:)

    @Anonymous, you're welcome...I love books:)

    ReplyDelete