You may not throw the TV away, but there's no reason you shouldn't have a book display. One of the easiest ways to get your preschooler interested in books and reading is to create a display for books. This is an essential in any preschool classroom but takes a little effort in your home or home day care.
- Find a some-what secluded area.
- Gather as many different kinds of books as you can.
- Store them on a small shelf, shoe rack, or crate facing forward.
If you have to use a crate leave enough space so the fronts of the books are visible.
- Provide books related to the season, theme or event in the child(ren)s life.
- Change out books accordingly, leave the favorite books to be read again and again.
After I wrote this post one of my Anonymous readers suggested I check out book slings.
If you're feeling pretty crafty you should check out "book slings" too. They seem fairly easy, fun and you can customize them too.
Head over to Penny Carnival to get instructions on making a book sling.
I also found some great display ideas at